The Escambia County School District (ECSD) Energy Management Team will reduce the use of energy throughout the school system without impacting the educational environment while ensuring efficient and effective stewardship of public resources.
How will this be done?
- Develop energy savings habits within all levels of facility users.
- Implement energy saving programs and practices.
- Review and authenticate energy usage and billing.
- Facilitate timely processing of all utility bills.
- Research and recommend energy efficient methods and materials.
- Generate an attitude and culture of energy savings.
- Represent ECSD interests in committees and organizations.
- Provide data and counsel regarding energy usage and cost.
- Observe and report areas for energy use reduction.
- Coordinate energy savings efforts with all departments within ECSD.
- Incorporate energy accounting software to maintain clear and accurate records.
- Develop and maintain professional and industry contacts.
- Seek program improvement through staff development.
Cost Avoidance since program inception in 2006: Over $21 Million
Every dollar that pays an unnecessarily high energy bill
could be spent for a much better purpose – teaching children!